1. To install the Authy extension and register it:
- Open a new browser in Chrome
- Go to https://authy.com/install
- Install the app by clicking on Add to chrome in the top right then clicking Add app.
- You will be refreshed to the chrome apps page. Click on the red circular Authy app button.
- Change the country code drop down to +44 (United Kingdom)
- Put in your phone number and click OK
- Put in your email address
- Choose verify my identity via SMS
- Take a note of the registration pin
2. To authenticate with your server:
- Open a Chrome browser tab
- Click Apps in the top left corner
- Click the red circular Authy app button
- (You can Pin the Application to you taskbar by right-clicking on the Authy app icon on the taskbar)
3. To use the Authy app:
- Open the BC login page in whatever browser you want
- Enter your usual username & password and submit
- When you are prompted for the Authy code, click on the Authy app taskbar on your computer, under “Tokens” click the server name, click the Copy button
- Paste it into the code box and click Confirm Code (the codes will only last 20s)
NB: it should be a 7 digit number code.
After doing this, you will be logged in and for 30 days (server default) after that you will only need to use the username/password to log in. However, once the Authy code has expired after 30 days you will need to re-authenticate with the server using the authentication code again.
Here are some useful links to the Authy website where you can find further info on how to:
- Reset your Authy account - https://authy.com/phones/reset/
- Change the phone number associated with your account - https://authy.com/phones/change/
- Read useful support articles - https://support.authy.com/