1. To Download Authy:
- Go to https://authy.com/download/
- Depending on how you want to use Authy (Mobile, Desktop, Chrome), chose from the relevant option and Download
- (Once installed on your PC, if you wish, you can pin the Application to you taskbar by right-clicking on the Authy app icon on the taskbar)
- Change the country code drop down to +44 (United Kingdom)
- Put in your phone number and click OK
- Put in your email address (this needs to be your BC registered email address)
- Choose verify my identity via SMS
- Take a note of the registration pin
2. To use the Authy app:
- Open the BC login page in any browser
- Enter your usual username & password and click Log In
- When you are prompted for the Authy code go to the Authy app on your Computers taskbar (or launch the app on your phone)
- Click on the BC server name and you will be presented with the temporary code (which lasts only 20 seconds before being refreshed)
- Click the copy icon at the bottom right to copy it to your clipboard
- Paste it into the code box and click Confirm Code
NB: it should be a 7 digit number code.
After doing this, you will be logged in and for 30 days (server default) after that you will only need to use the username/password to log in. However, once the Authy code has expired after 30 days you will need to re-authenticate with the server using the authentication code again.
Please note, some BC servers may have specified a shorter duration than 30 days.
Here are some useful links to the Authy website where you can find further info on how to:
- Reset your Authy account - https://authy.com/phones/reset/
- Change the phone number associated with your account - https://authy.com/phones/change/
- Read useful support articles - https://support.authy.com/