In BC18.104.22.168 and BC7 there is a new implementation of dtSearch which allows you to search the contents. You can read more about it here.
Only certain types of files will be indexed by dtSearch.
Here is the list of MIME-types that will be indexed:
- Microsoft office document types:
- Microsoft Word documents (including macro-enabled and template files)
- Microsoft Excel files (including macro-enabled and template files)
- Microsoft Powerpoint files (including macro-enabled and template files)
- Open Office document files:
- Email files
- Text files (plain text and HTML)
There is also a file size limit.
- Spreadsheet files (MS Office and OpenOffice) cannot exceed 8MB
- Text files cannot exceed 2MB
- All other types cannot exceed 32MB
Files will not be indexed if:
- They are password protected
- They are corrupted
- Some PDF files cannot be indexed (e.g. if the PDF is an "image" format, where the text is not selectable).