In order for the Java version of the Brava! viewer to function properly, the Business Collaborator server that you're using needs to be added to a list of websites on which Java applets are permitted to run. This is can be done from the Java Control Panel on your computer - it is also something that could potentially be rolled out by IT departments as a Group Policy.
Before getting started, you first need to close down whatever browser you are using to use BC.
- Open the Start menu on your computer and, without clicking on anything else, type java
- This should bring back a few search results - click Configure Java
- This will open the Java Control Panel - click on the Security tab at the top, and then on Edit Site List...
- Click on the Add button on the window that pops up, then type the web address of the BC server that you're using into the field that appears with a red exclamation mark next to it and click on Add again
- Click on OK on both of the open Java windows to close them