Before starting the installation process, it's worth noting that local admin rights are required in order to do this - you have to be able to install software on the computer you're working on. If you are not able to do so, contact your IT department - they will be able to run through this process.
Other than this, all that is required is Internet Explorer, and .NET Framework 3.5 SP1.
Installing Brava .NET
The installation is initiated from the Brava! .NET Document Viewer tab of the Install Helper Applications page in BC (accessible from the Help menu).
The Brava! .NET Document Viewer installation page will look like this:
Click on Check Status / Install to proceed - when the prompt below appears, click on Run:
If you're using Windows 8 then, depending on how your system is configured, it's possible you may see a further prompt:
If so, click on More info and then Run anyway:
You'll then need to click on Check Status / Install again as above to continue.
This should then display the following:
Click on Install and you'll get a prompt telling you that all open Internet Explorer windows need to be closed - click on OK, and once the installation has finished you'll see this:
At this point, the installation of Brava .NET is complete.
Registry tweak ¶
In addition to actually installing Brava .NET, two registry keys need to be added to the Windows Registry. This is due to a security enhancement in Microsoft .NET Framework 4.5 - see this MSDN article for details.
The required registry change can be made as follows:
- Press Windows key + R on your keyboard, type in regedit and click OK
- Navigate to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\ and then click on .NETFramework in the left-hand panel
- Right-click in some of the empty space in the right-hand panel and click on New > DWORD (32-bit) Value:
- Call this value EnableIEHosting then double-click on it and set its Value Data to 1:
- Now navigate to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Microsoft\ and again click on .NETFramework in the left-hand panel
- Add a New > DWORD (32-bit) Value as before:
- Again, call this Value EnableIEHosting, double-click on it and set its Value Data to 1:
You'll need to restart your web browser for this change to take effect