When you use Business Collaborator, as well as many other websites, your web browser caches (stores locally) bits of it in order to reduce the time it takes you to load the webpage the next time you access it.
When we carry out a major upgrade to a BC server, we often replace some of the files associated with the interface, such as those containing code responsible for generating the menus you use to Issue a document or change its metadata, with newer, better versions.
Unfortunately, if the files that we're replacing have been cached by your browser, you won't automatically get the newer versions of these from the BC server because your browser won't check if there are any. This can result in bits of the BC website not looking right, or even not working at all.
In order to fix this, you need to clear out your browser's cache by deleting the temporary internet files it has stored on your computer. Each browser stores these files in a different place, so the method for clearing them is different for each one.
Steps on how to clear each browsers cache is listed below.
- Either click on the Tools drop-down menu (click 'alt' key if you can't see it) at the top left of the browser or click the cog icon at the top right.
- Choose 'Internet Options'.
- On the 'General' tab, under the 'Browsing History' heading, click 'Delete'.
- Tick only the 'Temporary Internet files and website files' box and click 'Delete'.
(Internet Explorer will display a confirmation banner, at the bottom of the browser, once this has finished.)
- Click on the 3 dots at the top right of the browser
- Hover over 'History' and then click on 'History' in the sub-menu.
- At the top left click 'Clear browsing data'.
- On the 'Advanced' tab, ensure the 'Time range' is set to 'All time'.
- Tick only the 'Cached images and files' box and click 'Clear data'.
(One this has completed you'll be taken to Chrome's Settings page.)
- Click on the Tools drop-down menu (click 'alt' key if you can't see it) at the top left of the browser.
- Click on the 'History' drop-down menu and click 'Clear Recent History...'
- Make sure the 'Time rang to clear' option is set to 'Everyone'.
- Tick only the 'Cache' box and click 'Clear Now'.
- At the top right of the browser, click on the horizonal 3 dots and then click 'History'.
- Then click on 'Clear history'
- Tick only the 'Cached data and files' box and click 'Clear'
- The page will indicate the clearing is taking place and then say 'All clear!' when it is complete.
- Ensure you have the 'Developer' drop-down menu showing - click the Safari drop-down menu and click Preferences...
- Go to the Advanced tab and ensure the 'Show Develop menu in menu bar' box is ticked.
- When the 'Developer' drop-down menu is showing, click 'Developer' and click on 'Empty Caches'.