When you use Business Collaborator, as well as many other websites, your web browser caches (stores locally) bits of it in order to reduce the time it takes you to load the webpage the next time you access it.
When we carry out a major upgrade to a BC server, we often replace some of the files associated with the interface, such as those containing code responsible for generating the menus you use to Issue a document or change its metadata, with newer, better versions.
Unfortunately, if the files that we're replacing have been cached by your browser, you won't automatically get the newer versions of these from the BC server because your browser won't check if there are any. This can result in bits of the BC website not looking right, or even not working at all.
In order to fix this, you need to clear out your browser's cache by deleting the temporary internet files it has stored on your computer. Each browser stores these files in a different place, so the method for clearing them is different for each one.
- Click on the Tools menu in the top-right of your browser window and then on Internet options
- On the Internet Options window that appears, there will be a Browsing history section - click on Delete under this
- Untick everything except Temporary Internet files and website files on the next popup - the top option, Preserve Favorites website data, is particularly important here (if you have a link to BC saved and this option is ticked, you won't actually clear out any temporary internet files for BC so whatever problem you're seeing will persist)
- Click on the Delete button - Internet Explorer will display a confirmation message once this has finished
- Click on the Options menu in the top right of the browser and then on History
- Click on the Clear browsing data... button on the following page
- Select the beginning of time from the Obliterate the following items from menu
- Untick everything except the Cached images and files option
- Click on the Clear browsing data button - once this has completed you'll be taken to Chrome's Settings page
- Click on the menu icon in the top right of the browser and then on History
- Click on Clear Recent History...
- Select Everything from the Time range to clear: menu
- Untick everything except the Cache option
- Click on the Clear Now button - the Clear All History window will close once this has finished
- Click on the Safari menu in the top left of your screen and then Preferences
- Click on the Privacy tab and then Details
- Filter for the BC server you're using, then select it and click on Remove
Note: This will log you out of Business Collaborator