What is it?
What it looks like
What it means
How to fix the problem
This error is cleared by clearing your selection in the container in which you're encountering it:
- Click on the location drop down, right-click on the name of the folder you're currently in, and select Copy shortcut (this is the name of the action in Internet Explorer - in Google Chome it's Copy link address and in Firefox, it's Copy Link Location)
Open a text editor on your computer (such as Notepad) and press Ctrl + V on your keyboard to paste in the address you just copied - it should be of the format https://<servername>/bc/bc.cgi/0/123456 (the number at the end here is the ID of the folder you're in)
- At the end of this address, type ?op=clear_container_selection
- Select the entire address, which should now look like https://<servername>/bc/bc.cgi/0/123456?op=clear_container_selection, and copy it (Ctrl + C on your keyboard)
- Replace everything in the address bar of your browser with what you've just copied, and press return on your keyboard
- This will refresh the BC page - once this has happened, the Selected menu should be greyed out and have a 0 in brackets next to it
Now when you select something and click on the Selected menu, it should function as normal.